Dr. Cavender has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. James Cavender, MD is a cardiology specialist in Vestavia Hills, AL. Dr. Cavender completed a residency at University of Alabama Hospital. He currently practices at Cardiovascular Associates Of The Southeast (CVA) and is affiliated with Brookwood Baptist Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Cavender is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- University of Alabama Hospital, Fellowship Hospital — 1990
- University of Alabama Hospital, Residency Hospital — 1987
- University of Alabama Hospital, Internship Hospital — 1985
- University of Alabama School of Medicine, Medical School — 1984
- University of North Alabama, Undergraduate School — 1979
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Cardiovascular Associates Of The Southeast (CVA)
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Cavender?
Dr. Cavender is an excellent doctor. Very caring in his manner of talking and examining me. I have never had a better cardiologist! He really had my confidence by the way he handled my examination. Very kind spoken and he showed a sincere interest in my condition and problems. He found things wrong with my health that had been neglected by other cardiologists in the past. This is one good doctor! I would want to see him every time I need a cardiologist, but unfortunately I live in WV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. James Cavender, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Cavender's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Cavender accepts your insurance.
Dr. Cavender frequently treats Adult Congenital Heart Conditions, Cardiac Electrical System Procedures, and Heart Conditions.
Dr. Cavender's office is located at 200 Montgomery Hwy Ste 225, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216. Find other locations and directions.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Brookwood Baptist Medical Center
- Grandview Medical Center