Call (318) 374-6952 to make an appointment as a new patient. Click here for more information.
Dr. David McCoy, MD is a general surgery specialist in Alexandria, LA. Dr. McCoy completed a residency at University of Illinois-Chicago. He currently practices at Rapides Surgical Specialists and is affiliated with Rapides Regional Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. McCoy is board certified in General Surgery.
- University of Illinois-Chicago, Residency Hospital
- University Of Munich, Medical School
- University Illinois, Fellowship Hospital — 1992
- University Illinois, Internship Hospital — 1986
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Golden Rule
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
- Universal Health Network
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. McCoy?
I have been a patient for 14 years I have had breast cancer and have seen him. HE IS THE BEST DOCTOR IN LOUISIANA always listens and talks to you and explains everything. Staff is great/ gayle underwood
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. David McCoy, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. McCoy's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. McCoy accepts your insurance.
Dr. McCoy frequently treats Incisional Hernia, Gastrotomy, and Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic.
Dr. McCoy's office is located at 201 4th Street Ste 5B, Alexandria, LA 71301. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. McCoy speaks English, German, and English. View profile to see all.
Dr. McCoy has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
- Rapides Regional Medical Center