Call (720) 764-6481 to make an appointment as a new patient. Click here for more information.
Dr. Colin Buchanan, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Aurora, CO. Dr. Buchanan completed a residency at University Of California/Los Angeles Medical Center. He currently practices at Colorado Brain & Spine Institute, LLC and is affiliated with The Medical Center of Aurora. He accepts multiple insurance plans.
- Cleveland Clinic, Fellowship Hospital
- University Of California/Los Angeles Medical Center, Residency Hospital
- University Of California/Los Angeles Medical Center, Internship Hospital
- Wayne State University School Of Medicine, Medical School
- Denison University, Undergraduate School — 2003
- American Republic
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Golden Rule
- Kaiser Permanente
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
- Pinnacol Assurance
- Premera Blue Cross
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans
- Veterans Choice Program
- Worker's Compensation
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Buchanan?
Dr. Buchanan is nothing short of a miracle worker, and a truly kind and caring human being. I had a traumatic spinal injury that I suffered while in Mexico and he was kind enough to review the video of the CT scan that my wife sent from her phone in Mexico to help me understand how severe my injuries were. I was medically transported by plane to TMCA and Dr. Buchanan had a bed waiting for me. After a 9 hour surgery, I was able to walk and stand again the next day. The team he had was top-notch. He was very thoughtful in his post-op care and made sure I was able to resume all of the activities I enjoyed before the injury (minus cliff jumping lol). I would absolutely trust Dr. Buchanan with my life, and recommend him to anyone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Colin Buchanan, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Buchanan's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Buchanan accepts your insurance.
Dr. Buchanan frequently treats Myelopathy, Osteoarthritis of Spine, and Low Back Pain.
Dr. Buchanan's office is located at 1411 S Potomac St Ste 450, Aurora, CO 80012. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Buchanan has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
- The Medical Center of Aurora
- North Suburban Medical Center
- Sky Ridge Medical Center
- Swedish Medical Center
- Lutheran Medical Center
- Parker Adventist Hospital
- Porter Adventist Hospital