Dr. Christopher Nelson, DO is a orthopedic surgery specialist in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Nelson completed a residency at Michigan State University, Garden City Hospital. He currently practices at Des Moines Orthopaedic Surgeons and is affiliated with Iowa Methodist Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans.
Des Moines Orthopaedic Surgeons
Des Moines1301 Pennsylvania Ave, Des Moines, IA 50316 Existing Patients: (515) 263-9696
- Washington University In St. Louis, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Fellowship Hospital — 2010
- Michigan State University, Garden City Hospital, Residency Hospital — 2009
- Michigan State University, Garden City Hospital, Internship Hospital — 2005
- Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- HAP Insurance
- Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Nelson?
Dr. Christopher Nelson replaced both of my hips. He is very knowledgeable about his field and medicine, in general. He answered every question and concern I had. He put me at ease about the two surgeries and helped me get on track for successful outcomes. I found him to be professional and personable. I was referred to Dr. Nelson because I couldn't take my pain, anymore and DMOS said he could take me. I didn't know anything about Dr. Nelson until then. I am very thankful to have been referred to him for my care. I couldn't have had a better surgeon. After 10 years of being handicapped and in pain, my hips and legs work just like they used to. Dr. Christopher Nelson did a fabulous job! I am very thankful.
- Iowa Methodist Medical Center
- Methodist West Hospital