Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Al-Mateen accepts your insurance.
Dr. Cheryl Al-Mateen, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Richmond, VA. Dr. Al-Mateen completed a residency at Hahnemann U. She currently practices at Virginia Treatment Center for Children and is affiliated with Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Medical Center. She accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Al-Mateen is board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Hahnemann U, Fellowship Hospital — 1989
- Hahnemann U, Residency Hospital — 1987
- Howard University Hospital, Internship Hospital — 1984
- Howard U, College of Medicine, Medical School — 1983
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Virginia Treatment Center for Children1308 Sherwood Ave, Richmond, VA 23220 Existing Patients: (804) 828-3129
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Al-Mateen?
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Al-Mateen frequently treats ADHD and-or ADD, Adjustment Disorder , and Anxiety.
Dr. Al-Mateen's office is located at 1308 Sherwood Ave, Richmond, VA 23220. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Al-Mateen has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Medical Center