Dr. Alexander McLawhorn, MD is a orthopedic surgery specialist in New York, NY. He currently practices at HOSPITAL FOR SPECIAL SURGERY and is affiliated with Hospital For Special Surgery. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. McLawhorn is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery.
- Hospital for Special Surgery, Fellowship Hospital — 2016
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Oxford Health Plans
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. McLawhorn?
I am in my late 50's and very active. I received a hip replacement from Dr. McLawhorn and have nothing but good things to say about him, HSS and his practice. Never having had surgery before, I was understandably nervous but he and his staff explained everything thoroughly, were very patient with all my questions and made me feel at ease every step of the way. Eight months later and I am walking 30-40 miles a week with no pain and a much improved quality of life.
- Hospital For Special Surgery
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Stamford Hospital