Click here to compare with other Ophthalmology Specialists.
Dr. Petros Carvounis, MD is a ophthalmology specialist in Houston, TX. Dr. Carvounis completed a residency at George Washington University School of Medicine. He currently practices at Baylor College of Medicine Mood Disorder Center and is affiliated with CHI St Lukes Health - Baylor St Lukes Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Carvounis is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- Baylor College of Medicine, Fellowship Hospital — 2007
- George Washington University School of Medicine, Residency Hospital — 2005
- Mayo Medical School, Internship Hospital — 2002
- University of Cambridge / School of Clinical Medicine, Undergraduate School — 1997
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
French, Greek, Spanish
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Carvounis?
Dr. Carvounis is an excellent and a dedicated doctor. He gives tests and find out the problem. If the problem is not belongs to his area he will help you as much as he can. He will give advices to see which doctor(s) who can help you to find out the problem.The staffs are weel trained and courtesy. They know when you need to see the doctor as soon as possible. Thanks to his help, my husband's disease had been found in time and he has being treated.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Carvounis frequently treats Vitreous Hemorrhage, Diabetic Macular Edema (DME), and Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear.
Dr. Carvounis' office is located at 6655 Travis St Ste 560, Houston, TX 77030. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Carvounis speaks Spanish, French, and Greek. View profile to see all.
Dr. Carvounis has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- CHI St Lukes Health - Baylor St Lukes Medical Center
- Houston Methodist Hospital
- Memorial Hermann - Texas Medical Center
- Texas Children's Hospital
- The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston