Dr. Sands has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Mark Sands, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Metairie, LA. Dr. Sands completed a residency at Baylor College Of Med. He currently practices at Mercy Family Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans.
- Baylor College Of Med, Residency Hospital — 1985
- Baylor College Of Med, Fellowship Hospital — 1983
- Hospital Sick Chldn, Residency Hospital — 1980
- Hospital Sick Chldn, Internship Hospital — 1979
- Wayne State University School Of Medicine, Medical School — 1978
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Assurant Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Community Health Choice
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Health Net
- HealthPlus Amerigroup
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Husky Health
- INTotal Health
- Midwest Health Plan
- Molina Healthcare
- Peach State Health Plan
- Simply Healthcare Plans
- Staywell (Wellcare)
- Wellcare of Georgia
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Mercy Family Center
Mercy Family Center110 Veterans Memorial Blvd Ste 425, Metairie, LA 70005 Existing Patients: (504) 838-8283
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Sands?
Years of visits not only individual, but in marital and family therapy as well. This amazing Psychiatrist is honest, extremely skilled in his prescribing abilities as well as his psychotherapeutic abilities, trustworthy and professional. I have been very happy to have found such a compassionate man, who listens well, asks the right questions and provides the feedback that leaves a patient continuing to explore the triggers and struggles that initiated therapy in the first place. I would recommend him to anyone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Mark Sands, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Sands' profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Sands accepts your insurance.
Dr. Sands frequently treats Neurodevelopmental Disorders.
Dr. Sands' office is located at 110 Veterans Memorial Blvd Ste 425, Metairie, LA 70005. Find other locations and directions.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.