Call (212) 582-3422 to make an appointment as a new patient, or (212) 305-3408 for existing patients or other inquiries. Click here for more information.
Dr. Lyall Gorenstein, MD
New Patient(212) 235-1511
Dr. Lyall Gorenstein, MD is a cardiothoracic surgery specialist in New York, NY. Dr. Gorenstein completed a residency at University Toronto. He currently practices at Columbia University Medical Center Surgery and is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans, including Medicare. Dr. Gorenstein is board certified in General Surgery.
Columbia University Medical Center Surgery
Herbert Irving Pavilion161 Fort Washington Ave Fl 3, New York, NY 10032 Call
- University Toronto, Residency Hospital
- Toronto General Hospital, Fellowship Hospital — 1992
- University Toronto, Internship Hospital — 1984
- University Of Toronto Faculty Of Medicine, Medical School — 1983
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Gorenstein?
Saw Dr. Gorenstein after another surgeon suggested cracking the chest for surgery, he was absolutely appalled and explained a better, minimally invasive process. As a 20 year old female, this was the best news. He made my family and I feel confident in his skill, comfortable, and was beyond professional and kind. With a mass between the lung and heart, he made me feel so safe and did a phenomenal job, and healing went perfectly with no complications.
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center
- Englewood Hospital And Medical Center
- Garnet Health Medical Center
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Gorenstein has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Lyall Gorenstein, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Gorenstein's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Gorenstein accepts your insurance.
Dr. Gorenstein frequently treats Pleural Effusion, Lung Cancer, and Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision.
Dr. Gorenstein's office is located at 161 Fort Washington Ave Fl 3, New York, NY 10032. Find other locations and directions.