What Type of Doctor(s) Should I See If I Think I Have Fibromyalgia?

Read Transcript

There are actually many types of physicians that can diagnose and treat fibromyalgia. Many people start with their family physician or their internal medicine physician, but you may also opt to go to a rheumatologist or other specialists such as neurologists. One of the most important things I think however is to find a physician that you really feel you can talk to and who really listens to your symptoms.

Fibromyalgia can be a complex condition and it's really important to have a good doctor patient relationship, so whether you're starting out with your family doctor, your internist or rheumatologist make sure that, that relationship is there.