Shape Up to Control Diabetes

Read Transcript

Hi, I'm Dr. Oz. Here's the innovative exercise routine that can help prevent or control diabetes, it's called hammering. It's a routine with a few minutes of concentrated effort followed by a protracted cool down for burning extra 200 calories a day. Even if you have diabetes or if you are out of shape, 12 weeks of regular exercise with some hammer time can boost your fitness level of 40% and bring your blood sugar levels into line.

Try it with your walking routine, do two and a half minutes at a fast pace, say 130 steps a minutes, followed by 10 to 15 minutes of the steady 100 steps per minute. Combine this exercise routine with my 9 -10 kickstart plan for weight loss which is for one week make your diet 90% veggies, fruits, seeds and nuts, beans and whole grains. Make the remaining 10% lean protein, low fat dairy and healthy oils, together hammering and eating right can help you lose 10% of your body weight, and that can help steady your blood sugar levels to reduce your risk for diabetes related complications, so feel the burn. I'm Dr. Oz, for more ways to improve your health watch all our smart tips