What should I know about the Zika virus?

If you are a woman of childbearing age and are trying to get pregnant or are not on birth control, you should avoid traveling to areas where Zika is active.

If you are in an area where the Zika virus is regularly seen (endemic), you should take steps to avoid mosquito bites.

Some are:

• Wear long sleeves and long pants.
  • Use mosquito repellent.

Zika can spread by having sex. You should also practice safe sex by using a condom.

Continue Learning about Zika Virus

8 Ways to Reduce Your Risk of Getting Zika
By now, unless you’ve been living under a (mosquito-free) rock, you’ve likely heard of the Zika virus, the risks associated with pregnant women gettin...
What is congenital Zika syndrome?
March of DimesMarch of Dimes
Congenital Zika syndrome is a group of health conditions present at birth associated with Zika infec...
If I have to travel while I'm pregnant, how can I prevent exposure to Zika?
If you are pregnant and traveling, you should avoid areas that have reported cases of the Zika virus...
The Fight Against Zika
The Fight Against Zika