What can I expect if I do get Zika?

In an otherwise healthy person, Zika is relatively mild and lasts a few days to a week. During this time you should avoid being bitten by mosquitos and transmitting it to others.

Continue Learning about Zika Virus

What Men Should Know About Zika
What Men Should Know About Zika
While women of childbearing age rightfully worry about getting Zika—the mosquito-borne virus linked to microcephaly and other severe birth defects—man...
What should I consider when traveling to an area with the Zika virus?
If you must travel to an area where the Zika virus is present, take steps to prevent mosquito bites....
Is there a vaccine for Zika?
March of DimesMarch of Dimes
No. Researchers are working to develop a Zika vaccine, but it may not be available for 1 to 2 years....
Should I Delay My Pregnancy Because of the Zika Virus?