What can I expect if I do get Zika?

In an otherwise healthy person, Zika is relatively mild and lasts a few days to a week. During this time you should avoid being bitten by mosquitos and transmitting it to others.

Continue Learning about Zika Virus

What Men Should Know About Zika
What Men Should Know About Zika
While women of childbearing age rightfully worry about getting Zika—the mosquito-borne virus linked to microcephaly and other severe birth defects—man...
How can I prevent the spread of Zika virus?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
To prevent the spread of Zika virus the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends ...
Should I cancel travel plans due to the Zika virus if I’m pregnant?
St. Mark's HospitalSt. Mark's Hospital
It’s unclear if women who are in the early stages of pregnancy should change their travel plans beca...
What Should I Consider When Traveling to an Area with the Zika Virus?