What should I consider when traveling to an area with the Zika virus?

If you must travel to an area where the Zika virus is present, take steps to prevent mosquito bites. Use an Environmental Protection Agency-registered insect repellent. The label says they are safe for pregnant women.

Know that the Zika virus can be spread through sex. You can prevent this by using a condom for vaginal, anal and oral sex.

Mosquito prevention is recommended if you must travel in an area with the Zika virus.

Continue Learning about Zika Virus

8 Ways to Reduce Your Risk of Getting Zika
By now, unless you’ve been living under a (mosquito-free) rock, you’ve likely heard of the Zika virus, the risks associated with pregnant women gettin...
Should I delay my pregnancy because of the Zika virus?
Carrie L. Sloan, MDCarrie L. Sloan, MD
You do not have to delay your pregnancy because of the Zika virus if you live in the United States. ...
What might happen to my baby if I get Zika when I'm pregnant?
Lourdes Health SystemLourdes Health System
If you get Zika when you are pregnant your baby could be born with defects. In April 2016, the Cente...
What Men Should Know About Zika
What Men Should Know About Zika