What should I consider when traveling to an area with the Zika virus?

If you must travel to an area where the Zika virus is present, take steps to prevent mosquito bites. Use an Environmental Protection Agency-registered insect repellent. The label says they are safe for pregnant women.

Know that the Zika virus can be spread through sex. You can prevent this by using a condom for vaginal, anal and oral sex.

Mosquito prevention is recommended if you must travel in an area with the Zika virus.

Continue Learning about Zika Virus

8 Ways to Reduce Your Risk of Getting Zika
By now, unless you’ve been living under a (mosquito-free) rock, you’ve likely heard of the Zika virus, the risks associated with pregnant women gettin...
Should I cancel travel plans due to the Zika virus if I’m pregnant?
St. Mark's HospitalSt. Mark's Hospital
It’s unclear if women who are in the early stages of pregnancy should change their travel plans beca...
How is Zika diagnosed?
Zika virus infection is diagnosed by a history of travel and flu like symptoms including fever, rash...
What Should I Consider When Traveling to an Area with the Zika Virus?