Is there a vaccine for Zika?

No. Researchers are working to develop a Zika vaccine, but it may not be available for 1 to 2 years. If you’re pregnant or trying to get pregnant, there are things you and your partner can do to help protect yourselves from Zika, like preventing mosquito bites and using barrier methods of birth control (like a condom) if you’re partner is or may be infected. Learn more at: marchofdimes.org/zika

Continue Learning about Zika Virus

8 Ways to Reduce Your Risk of Getting Zika
By now, unless you’ve been living under a (mosquito-free) rock, you’ve likely heard of the Zika virus, the risks associated with pregnant women gettin...
Is there a test that can diagnose Zika in myself or my baby?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
A blood test is done to diagnose a Zika virus infection. The test is called a polymerase chain react...
Should I be tested for the Zika virus if I'm pregnant?
Carrie L. Sloan, MDCarrie L. Sloan, MD
If you are pregnant and have traveled to an area where the Zika virus is spreading, the Centers for ...
Pregnant With the Zika Virus
Pregnant With the Zika Virus