How is Zika diagnosed?

Zika virus infection is diagnosed by a history of travel and flu like symptoms including fever, rash, conjunctivitis (red eyes) and joint pain. The diagnosis is confirmed by blood testing.

Continue Learning about Zika Virus

8 Ways to Reduce Your Risk of Getting Zika
By now, unless you’ve been living under a (mosquito-free) rock, you’ve likely heard of the Zika virus, the risks associated with pregnant women gettin...
Can Zika virus be transmitted sexually?
Rabiya Suleman, MDRabiya Suleman, MD
Zika virus can be transmitted sexually from an infected male to his female or male partner during va...
Should I be tested for the Zika virus if I'm pregnant?
Carrie L. Sloan, MDCarrie L. Sloan, MD
If you are pregnant and have traveled to an area where the Zika virus is spreading, the Centers for ...
What Should I Know About the Zika Virus?