How is Zika diagnosed?

Zika virus infection is diagnosed by a history of travel and flu like symptoms including fever, rash, conjunctivitis (red eyes) and joint pain. The diagnosis is confirmed by blood testing.

Continue Learning about Zika Virus

What Men Should Know About Zika
What Men Should Know About Zika
While women of childbearing age rightfully worry about getting Zika—the mosquito-borne virus linked to microcephaly and other severe birth defects—man...
Is there a link between the Zika virus and Guillain-Barre syndrome?
There is a link between the Zika virus and Guillain-Barre syndrome. A small number of people who hav...
What should I know about the Zika virus?
If you are a woman of childbearing age and are trying to get pregnant or are not on birth control, y...
What Are the Risks of Getting Infected with Zika If I'm Pregnant?