How is Zika diagnosed?

Zika virus infection is diagnosed by a history of travel and flu like symptoms including fever, rash, conjunctivitis (red eyes) and joint pain. The diagnosis is confirmed by blood testing.

Continue Learning about Zika Virus

8 Ways to Reduce Your Risk of Getting Zika
By now, unless you’ve been living under a (mosquito-free) rock, you’ve likely heard of the Zika virus, the risks associated with pregnant women gettin...
Should I cancel travel plans due to the Zika virus if I’m pregnant?
St. Mark's HospitalSt. Mark's Hospital
It’s unclear if women who are in the early stages of pregnancy should change their travel plans beca...
What is congenital Zika syndrome?
March of DimesMarch of Dimes
Congenital Zika syndrome is a group of health conditions present at birth associated with Zika infec...
Why You Should Be Concerned About the Zika Virus