How can I reduce my risk for exposure to Zika virus?

There are some simple ways to decrease your risk for exposure to Zika virus. It is important to wear mosquito repellent and protective clothing if you are in an area that is known to have a lot of mosquitoes. It is also helpful to decrease your risk for Zika virus by avoiding travel to areas with a high prevalence of Zika infections and transmission.

Continue Learning about Zika Virus

Zika Virus

Zika Virus

Zika virus is a tropical disease that is spread by Aedes species of mosquitoes. Until 2015, the virus was limited to small outbreaks in regions of Africa, Asia and the Pacific Islands. Mosquitoes can pick up the virus by biting an ...

n infected person, and then transmit it to someone else they bite later. The virus doesn’t generally spread from person to person directly, though sexual transmission is possible.