How can I reduce my risk for exposure to Zika virus?

There are some simple ways to decrease your risk for exposure to Zika virus. It is important to wear mosquito repellent and protective clothing if you are in an area that is known to have a lot of mosquitoes. It is also helpful to decrease your risk for Zika virus by avoiding travel to areas with a high prevalence of Zika infections and transmission.

Continue Learning about Zika Virus

Keep Mosquitoes Away Naturally
Keep Mosquitoes Away Naturally
Morihei Ueshiba, founder of the Japanese martial art of Aikido, once said, “The spirit is the true shield.” While there’s no doubt Ueshiba was onto so...
Should I be tested for the Zika virus if I'm pregnant?
Carrie L. Sloan, MDCarrie L. Sloan, MD
If you are pregnant and have traveled to an area where the Zika virus is spreading, the Centers for ...
If I'm pregnant in the Southeast U.S., how do I prevent getting Zika virus?
Baptist Health South FloridaBaptist Health South Florida
If you are pregnant in the Southeast U.S., you can prevent getting Zika virus by not traveling to ar...
What an Obstetrician Recommends to Protect Against Zika