Can the Zika virus pass through breast milk?

There is currently no research to show that the Zika virus can spread through breast milk.

There are currently no reports of infants getting Zika through breastfeeding.

Continue Learning about Zika Virus

Keep Mosquitoes Away Naturally
Keep Mosquitoes Away Naturally
Morihei Ueshiba, founder of the Japanese martial art of Aikido, once said, “The spirit is the true shield.” While there’s no doubt Ueshiba was onto so...
Should I cancel travel plans due to the Zika virus if I’m pregnant?
St. Mark's HospitalSt. Mark's Hospital
It’s unclear if women who are in the early stages of pregnancy should change their travel plans beca...
Is there a link between the Zika virus and Guillain-Barre syndrome?
There is a link between the Zika virus and Guillain-Barre syndrome. A small number of people who hav...
Oz Explains: The Zika Virus
Oz Explains: The Zika Virus