What are the signs of bipolar disorder for a teen?

As you might guess from the prefixes, bipolar depression refers to people who have two different sides to their depression or behavior, that is, a depressed state and a very high-energy state.

YOU: The Owner's Manual for Teens: A Guide to a Healthy Body and Happy Life

A few years ago, we wrote YOU: The Owner’s Manual, which taught people about the inner workings of their bodies—and how to keep them running strong. But you know what? There’s a big difference...

Continue Learning about Your Mind

How can I practice mindfulness as a busy teen?
Sheri Van DijkSheri Van Dijk
There are many benefits to mindfulness (including increasing your enjoyment of life;increasing your ...
What is bipolar disorder in teens?
Sheri Van DijkSheri Van Dijk
Bipolar disorder in teens can be a little harder to distinguish than in adults, because many of the ...
Are There Certain Gut Instincts or Intuitions That I Should Never Ignore?
Why Is It Important to Trust My Intuition When It Comes to My Health?