What are the most common addictions in teenagers?

The most common addictions are (1) alcohol, (2) cigarettes and smokeless tobacco, (3) marijuana, (4) video games, and (5) Facebook, in that order. People tend to forget about chewing tobacco and snuff, but it is just as addictive and dangerous to your health as cigarettes.    
YOU: The Owner's Manual for Teens: A Guide to a Healthy Body and Happy Life

A few years ago, we wrote YOU: The Owner’s Manual, which taught people about the inner workings of their bodies—and how to keep them running strong. But you know what? There’s a big difference...

Continue Learning about Your Mind

What is attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in a teen?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
Teens with ADHD may struggle with the following problems:Having trouble paying attention in classFin...
How do the brains of teenagers differ from those of adults?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
In adults, various parts of the brain work in concert to evaluate choice, form judgments and take ac...
How Can I Develop My Intuition?
How Can I Develop My Intuition?
Why Is It Important to Trust My Intuition When It Comes to My Health?