How do our brains react to music?

Music stimulates several parts of the brain. They vary depending on the listener's experience with music and whether he or she is hearing recorded or live music. The frontal and temporal lobes process the sounds. Parts of the brain that process language latch onto the lyrics. The visual cortex shows activity, perhaps trying to craft an image from changes in the tone and pitch. The motor cortex triggers you to tap your foot or dance. Even your cerebellum joins in, trying to gauge where a song will go next.

Continue Learning about Your Mind

What are the most common addictions in teenagers?
The most common addictions are (1) alcohol, (2) cigarettes and smokeless tobacco, (3) marijuana,...
How can I practice mindfulness as a busy teen?
Sheri Van DijkSheri Van Dijk
There are many benefits to mindfulness (including increasing your enjoyment of life;increasing your ...
Are There Certain Gut Instincts or Intuitions That I Should Never Ignore?
How Can I Develop My Intuition?
How Can I Develop My Intuition?