How do our brains react to music?

Music stimulates several parts of the brain. They vary depending on the listener's experience with music and whether he or she is hearing recorded or live music. The frontal and temporal lobes process the sounds. Parts of the brain that process language latch onto the lyrics. The visual cortex shows activity, perhaps trying to craft an image from changes in the tone and pitch. The motor cortex triggers you to tap your foot or dance. Even your cerebellum joins in, trying to gauge where a song will go next.

Continue Learning about Your Mind

What effect do my experiences have on my body image?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Our individual experiences also affect how we feel about our bodies. If we have experienced violence...
As a teen, why do I get suicidal if I have bipolar disorder?
Ms. Julie A. FastMs. Julie A. Fast
I had my first suicidal episode when I was 19. My first boyfriend broke up with me and I simply didn...
How Can I Develop My Intuition?
How Can I Develop My Intuition?
Why Is It Important to Trust My Intuition When It Comes to My Health?