How do our brains react to music?

Music stimulates several parts of the brain. They vary depending on the listener's experience with music and whether he or she is hearing recorded or live music. The frontal and temporal lobes process the sounds. Parts of the brain that process language latch onto the lyrics. The visual cortex shows activity, perhaps trying to craft an image from changes in the tone and pitch. The motor cortex triggers you to tap your foot or dance. Even your cerebellum joins in, trying to gauge where a song will go next.

Continue Learning about Your Mind

What is attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in a teen?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
Teens with ADHD may struggle with the following problems:Having trouble paying attention in classFin...
How can teens practice mindful living?
Gina M. BiegelGina M. Biegel
People often do things without being fully present, as if they were on automatic pilot. Living this ...
Are There Certain Gut Instincts or Intuitions That I Should Never Ignore?
How Can I Develop My Intuition?
How Can I Develop My Intuition?