As a teen, how can I focus on the positive?

Gina M. Biegel
Most people think they want to be happy and to enjoy their lives, and many express that desire in words. But actually being happy and enjoying your life takes more than just a passing thought or statement; it is about actively noticing and doing what makes you happy.

Many people allow one negative event to outweigh the positives of a day, but there are almost always good moments, even on days that might seem bad. You might not always notice these good moments if you are caught up in the negative or too busy thinking about the past or future.

Notice one pleasant event every day for the next week and write it on your calendar. First, tell what the event was. Then describe any thoughts or emotions you experienced before, during, and after the event. Tell what you felt in your body before, during, and after the event. Finally, tell how you feel and what you are thinking right now.
The Stress Reduction Workbook for Teens: Mindfulness Skills to Help You Deal with Stress (Instant Help Solutions)

First, the bad news: your teenage years are some of the most stressful of your life. Up to 70 percent of teens say they're stressed out, and with pressure about grades at school, parents who just...

Continue Learning about Your Mind

How can I boost my mood with essential oils while at college?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
If nothing is wrong with you physically, but you feel a little down emotionally, you can use aro...
How can I practice mindfulness as a busy teen?
Sheri Van DijkSheri Van Dijk
There are many benefits to mindfulness (including increasing your enjoyment of life;increasing your ...
How Can I Develop My Intuition?
How Can I Develop My Intuition?
Why Is It Important to Trust My Intuition When It Comes to My Health?