What are some unhealthy habits I could pick up at college?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
Smoking and alcohol abuse (also known as binge drinking if you have more than four drinks in a sitting) are two very common habits that are easy to pick up in college, and that, if you're not careful, can remain with you throughout life. When you're young, you have a generalized sense of immortality. Your young body seems to bounce back from just about anything, short of a nuclear blast. But rest assured, your habits will catch up with you. College students drink an estimated 430 million gallons of alcohol yearly. That's enough to fill an Olympic-size pool for each college and university in the United States. Unfortunately, as many as 360,000 of the nation's 12 million undergraduates will ultimately die from alcohol-related causes.
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Your Lifestyle

How can I help my overweight teen lose weight?
Teen obesity is prevalent in our society. In this video, Drs. Roizen, Rome, and Oz discuss teen ...
How important is friendship to mental health?
Deborah Serani, PsyDDeborah Serani, PsyD
Friendships are very important to mental fitness. Working on developing and maintaining friendsh...
What Is Your Vision for the Future of Medicine?
Is There a Correlation Between Political Beliefs and Life Expectancy?