What are the health benefits of massage for teens?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
Massages relax muscles by helping eliminate lactic acid, which is one of the by-products of muscle work. A full body massage helps improve circulation, as well as your lymphatic system, the part of your immune system that does maintenance work on your body, such as carrying toxins away from your muscles. (This is why it is so important for you to drink lots of water before and after a massage -- to flush out all the toxins that are being released through the kneading of your muscles.) I don't think I need to spend any more time convincing you how great a massage can be, whether just to relax and rejuvenate, or as therapy after an injury. I will mention that professional massage therapists have in-depth knowledge of each of the primary muscle groups, how they are connected, and how to relieve tension in each of these sore spots.
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Your Body

As a teen, what are these mysterious bumps near my vagina?
Ellen Rome, MDEllen Rome, MD
Any bumps near your genitals can be scary. In this video. Dr. Oz and Dr. Rome explain what folli...
What is the structure of my bones?
Most people think of bones as solid, hard all the way through. Actually, their physical structure ...
As a Teen, Can I Use Accutane for Acne?
As a Teen, Can I Use Accutane for Acne?
As a Teen, What Can I Do About My Severe Menstrual Cramps?