How can a strong immune system protect me at college?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
Your immune system is your best defense against all the crazy illnesses you come into contact with daily on college campuses. Think of your immune system as your own personal medic. It's always on call, always at the ready, and always there, just for you. And that's not all:
  • It determines how fast you age.
  • It fights off viruses, bacteria, and other organisms that try to cause illness (everything from the flu to acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS).
  • It has the power to destroy cancer cells as they are made.
  • It also serves as your sanitary technician, cleaning out dead cells, dead invaders, and toxic waste products every day.
  • It protects your body from radiation and pollution that could potentially mutate your deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA), causing disease.
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Your Body

As a teen, how should I get rid of warts?
Warts can be bothersome but are easy to get rid of. In this video, Drs. Roizen, Rome, and Oz dis...
As a teen, what can I do about my stretch marks and scars?
Ellen Rome, MDEllen Rome, MD
Stretch marks are a form of scar caused by the skin expanding at a fast rate. In this video, Dr....
Teens' Most Embarrasing Body Questions
Teens' Most Embarrasing Body Questions
As a Teen, Can I Use Accutane for Acne?
As a Teen, Can I Use Accutane for Acne?