Does yoga replace Western medical approaches?

No. Yoga is a form of exercise that complements Western medical approaches. More doctors today are recommending that patients incorporate it into their traditional medical plan. For example, some studies have shown that yoga can help lower heart rate, blood pressure, and increase muscle tone. However, it depends on the poses and the amount of time spent performing activity. Alone, the average yoga session does not typically meet the minimum recommendations for physical activity that helps improve or maintain health and cardiovascular fitness.

Continue Learning about Yoga

Why There’s Always a Yoga Program Just Right For You
Recently, while standing in the checkout line at my local Whole Foods, I glimpsed the yoga magazines for sale, each one with a cover image that was in...
What is the Third Tibetan Yogic Exercise?
The Third Tibetan Yogic Exercise is thisStarting position: Kneel on the floor with your spine in neu...
8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood
8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood
Is There a Problem with the Downward Dog Position in Yoga That I Should Watch Out for?