How many yoga classes do I need to take before entering a Power Yoga class?

It is not a matter of number, but a matter of individual experience and comfort with yoga. Since Power Yoga is an advanced and powerful practice, it is a good idea to attend basic classes and introduction to yoga first. If you are fairly physically fit, you may be able to complete a Power Yoga class with no problem at all. Even with a higher level of baseline fitness you may be confused by some of the terms used if you haven't experienced some basic yoga foundations. If you need a break or are fatigued, find the common resting pose, Child's Pose (Balasana). To perform this pose, spread your knees wide on the mat with your big toes together. Draw your hips back to the heels and reach your arms overhead while you rest your forehead to the mat.

Continue Learning about Yoga

Yoga to Inspire Love and Community
Yoga to Inspire Love and Community
Last week I marched. I marched with thousands of others who also felt it was important to raise our voices in peaceful unification. No one expected it...
What qualifications should a yoga teacher have?
There's no licensing requirement to teach yoga, and many teachers may have done little more than com...
Which Yoga Is Right for You?
Which Yoga Is Right for You?Which Yoga Is Right for You?Which Yoga Is Right for You?Which Yoga Is Right for You?
A guide to common styles, including Ashtanga, Bikram, Iyengar and Vinyasa.
What Yoga Poses Can Help Me with My Balance?