Why do I fart during yoga?

Passing gas in certain yoga positions is quite common. The positions tend to jostle your gut around and allow trapped air to escape. You will find that you are often not the only one passing gas in a yoga class and typically people just continue their class without acknowledging the event. This is mostly a positional issue, so avoiding beans and gas-forming vegetables such as broccoli and Brussels sprouts the day of your yoga class may help, but it is no guarantee that you will not pass gas,

Continue Learning about Yoga

Practicing Yoga to Enjoy a Perfect You
Practicing Yoga to Enjoy a Perfect You
Photo Credit: Leo Prieto, via Flickr Creative Commons Imagine if you started your yoga practice with the idea that you don’t need fixing; that you ar...
Am I too old to do yoga?
No, you are not too old to participate in yoga. As with any exercise always have a physical examinat...
8 Yoga Poses for Strong, Sexy Legs
8 Yoga Poses for Strong, Sexy Legs8 Yoga Poses for Strong, Sexy Legs8 Yoga Poses for Strong, Sexy Legs8 Yoga Poses for Strong, Sexy Legs
Firm flabby thighs and get the toned legs you've always wanted with this simple yoga routine.
Is There a Problem with the Downward Dog Position in Yoga That I Should Watch Out for?