Why do I fart during yoga?

Passing gas in certain yoga positions is quite common. The positions tend to jostle your gut around and allow trapped air to escape. You will find that you are often not the only one passing gas in a yoga class and typically people just continue their class without acknowledging the event. This is mostly a positional issue, so avoiding beans and gas-forming vegetables such as broccoli and Brussels sprouts the day of your yoga class may help, but it is no guarantee that you will not pass gas,

Continue Learning about Yoga

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: Yoga for Financial Well-Being
I started yoga about the same time I started running. My first class was confusing. I didn’t know the poses, I struggled to keep up and after class th...
What yoga pose should I do to open and release tension in my hips?
Hip-openers are a favorite of most yoga practicers, as you tend to store emotional trauma and st...
7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief
7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief
Relax and breathe easier with these calming yoga postures.
Is There a Problem with the Downward Dog Position in Yoga That I Should Watch Out for?