Why do I fart during yoga?

Passing gas in certain yoga positions is quite common. The positions tend to jostle your gut around and allow trapped air to escape. You will find that you are often not the only one passing gas in a yoga class and typically people just continue their class without acknowledging the event. This is mostly a positional issue, so avoiding beans and gas-forming vegetables such as broccoli and Brussels sprouts the day of your yoga class may help, but it is no guarantee that you will not pass gas,

Continue Learning about Yoga

Chair Yoga: Maintaining Your Comfort Zone
Photo Credit: Vincent Gallegos, via Flickr Creative Commons To stay true to your needs during your yoga postures, you may need more support than just...
Does yoga help treat pain?
Yogi Cameron AlborzianYogi Cameron Alborzian
Most of us understand that a sensation of pain is the body's way of telling us that something is wro...
7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief
7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief
Relax and breathe easier with these calming yoga postures.
Is There a Problem with the Downward Dog Position in Yoga That I Should Watch Out for?