Who developed laughter yoga?

The creator of laughter yoga is Dr. Madan Kataria, a physician from Mumbai, India. He started teaching laughter yoga in 1995, to only a handful of people. Today, laughter yoga has more than 6000 clubs in approximately 60 countries.      

Indian physician Mandan Kataria started the practice in 1995 while researching laughter's health benefits. He found that fake laughter produces the same positive physiological results as real laughs.

Continue Learning about Yoga

A Meditation to Find Compassion and Love
We all felt the tug at our hearts when we heard the news of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria. Thousands having to flee their homes and seek shelter s...
What questions should I ask a yoga teacher before starting yoga classes?
Here are some questions that you may want to ask your yoga teacher before starting yoga: Where d...
7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief
7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief
Relax and breathe easier with these calming yoga postures.
What Yoga Poses Can Help Me with My Balance?