What questions should I ask a yoga teacher before starting yoga classes?

Here are some questions that you may want to ask your yoga teacher before starting yoga:
  • Where did you learn to teach yoga? Are you certified? Do you have references?
  • May I try out a class before signing up?
  • Do you offer different levels of yoga? What are they?
  • Are you on my insurance plan?
  • Do you have a daily yoga practice yourself?
  • Do you suggest a particular attire?
  • How often do you offer classes? Do you recommend that I attend a certain number of classes a week?
  • I'm pregnant. How will that affect my participating in class?
  • I have arthritis. Do you have experience teaching yoga to people with my condition?
  • Can you suggest certain books, tapes or DVDs that will add to what I'm learning here?

Continue Learning about Yoga

Taking Yoga to Heart
Taking Yoga to Heart
Although rescue dogs were first trained as paratroopers in 1944, the first military dog to skydive from an altitude of 12,500 feet was Sgt. Maj. Fosco...
Do I have to remove my socks to practice yoga?
It is not mandatory to remove your socks; however, due to the postures requiring firm footing on...
Which Yoga Is Right for You?
Which Yoga Is Right for You?Which Yoga Is Right for You?Which Yoga Is Right for You?Which Yoga Is Right for You?
A guide to common styles, including Ashtanga, Bikram, Iyengar and Vinyasa.
Is Yoga or Meditation Better for Me?
Is Yoga or Meditation Better for Me?