What questions should I ask a yoga teacher before starting yoga classes?

Here are some questions that you may want to ask your yoga teacher before starting yoga:
  • Where did you learn to teach yoga? Are you certified? Do you have references?
  • May I try out a class before signing up?
  • Do you offer different levels of yoga? What are they?
  • Are you on my insurance plan?
  • Do you have a daily yoga practice yourself?
  • Do you suggest a particular attire?
  • How often do you offer classes? Do you recommend that I attend a certain number of classes a week?
  • I'm pregnant. How will that affect my participating in class?
  • I have arthritis. Do you have experience teaching yoga to people with my condition?
  • Can you suggest certain books, tapes or DVDs that will add to what I'm learning here?

Continue Learning about Yoga

Yoga to Inspire Love and Community
Yoga to Inspire Love and Community
Last week I marched. I marched with thousands of others who also felt it was important to raise our voices in peaceful unification. No one expected it...
Who was the first person to compile the system of yoga?
The system of yoga was first complied sometime between 5,000 BC and 300 A.D. by an Indian philosophe...
21 Easy Yoga Poses
21 Easy Yoga Poses21 Easy Yoga Poses21 Easy Yoga Poses21 Easy Yoga Poses
Try these basic yoga poses for a healthier, calmer you. 
Is Yoga or Meditation Better for Me?
Is Yoga or Meditation Better for Me?