What is Raj Yoga?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Literally translated, Raj Yoga -- the fourth path in the Vedic tradition -- means "the royal way to union." What makes it royal is a belief that meditation transcends the other three paths (Bhakti Yoga, Karma Yoga, Gyana Yoga). But the fourth path is also inclusive. By following it you are actually following all four at once. Your meditations go directly to the essence of your being. That essence is what love of God, selfless action, and knowledge are trying to reach. Raj Yoga transcends the other three Yoga paths.

Continue Learning about Yoga

Yoga to Inspire Love and Community
Yoga to Inspire Love and Community
Last week I marched. I marched with thousands of others who also felt it was important to raise our voices in peaceful unification. No one expected it...
Where is the best place to take yoga?
A good yoga studio will be clean, well lit, and will provide a variety of classes taught by highly q...
5 Yoga Myths Debunked
5 Yoga Myths Debunked5 Yoga Myths Debunked5 Yoga Myths Debunked5 Yoga Myths Debunked
Find out the truth about some of the most common yoga misconceptions.
Is Yoga or Meditation Better for Me?
Is Yoga or Meditation Better for Me?