What is Raj Yoga?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Literally translated, Raj Yoga -- the fourth path in the Vedic tradition -- means "the royal way to union." What makes it royal is a belief that meditation transcends the other three paths (Bhakti Yoga, Karma Yoga, Gyana Yoga). But the fourth path is also inclusive. By following it you are actually following all four at once. Your meditations go directly to the essence of your being. That essence is what love of God, selfless action, and knowledge are trying to reach. Raj Yoga transcends the other three Yoga paths.

Continue Learning about Yoga

Try Yoga to Lose Weight, Reduce Stress, and Fight Fibromyalgia
If you're not one of the 16 million Americans who have discovered that the corpse pose actually restores life and the sun salutation makes you cheery ...
My doctor advises me that yoga can help my scoliosis, is this true?
Yoga can be a good alternative to surgery for scoliosis, and with commitment can help manage and...
7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane
7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane
These simple moves help keep you flexible when you travel.
Try Yoga for Better Health
Try Yoga for Better Health