What does "namaste" mean?

Namaste means, "The divine in me recognizes the divine in you." It is a combination of two Sanskrit words, namah and te, meaning, "I bow to you." It is generally accompanied with a hand gesture of palms pressed together at the heart's center and a slight bow. This salutation is used quite often in opening and closing a yoga practice. It is a gesture of great gratitude and a reminder of our oneness with each other.

Continue Learning about Yoga

Finding the Right Yoga for You
Finding the Right Yoga for You
Whether your goal is to find a little inner peace, develop one of those highly sought-after "yoga butts" or simply get more flexible, there's a perfec...
How do yoga postures (asanas) help with chronic back pain?
Yoga is an excellent stress-coping technique. The ultimate goal of yoga is to reach complete peacefu...
21 Easy Yoga Poses
21 Easy Yoga Poses21 Easy Yoga Poses21 Easy Yoga Poses21 Easy Yoga Poses
Try these basic yoga poses for a healthier, calmer you. 
Is Yoga or Meditation Better for Me?
Is Yoga or Meditation Better for Me?