What are the benefits of yoga while recovering from cancer?

Yoga classes are available for recovering cancer patients. They can be designed and adapted to an individual's own needs and physical limitations. Yoga may be practiced after surgery and while you are in chemotherapy or radiation treatments to help strengthen you physically, mentally, and emotionally. Many yoga programs relax and restore your body by stabilizing blood pressure, lowering heart rate, increasing lung capacity, improving digestion, and increasing feelings of calm and tranquility.

Continue Learning about Yoga

Why There’s Always a Yoga Program Just Right For You
Recently, while standing in the checkout line at my local Whole Foods, I glimpsed the yoga magazines for sale, each one with a cover image that was in...
What are the mental and physical benefits of yoga?
Although the mechanisms underlying yoga's observed health benefits are not yet well understood, yoga...
8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood
8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood
Yoga Sun Salutation With Dr. Oz
Yoga Sun Salutation With Dr. Oz