What are the benefits of Power Yoga practice?

The benefits of a Power Yoga class are similar to any vigorous exercise regimen as you will burn anywhere from 500 to 700 calories during a class one hour in duration. Advanced arm balances are included in this style of yoga and muscle tone will be acquired through using one's own body weight. Benefits of Power Yoga also include added detoxification with the extra heat, increased metabolism leading to weight loss over time, improved endurance and strength, and increased mental stamina as you breathe, focus, and balance in various postures.

Continue Learning about Yoga

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: Yoga for Financial Well-Being
I started yoga about the same time I started running. My first class was confusing. I didn’t know the poses, I struggled to keep up and after class th...
How do I perform the modified side plank pose in yoga?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
The modified side plank pose in yoga strengthens your arms and torso, and trains the muscles in ...
Yoga Poses in 12 Easy Steps
Yoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy Steps
Learn the correct moves for doing a simple Sun Salutation.
What Yoga Poses Can Help Me with My Balance?