What are benefits of restorative yoga?

Restorative yoga rejuvenates the body, replenishes energy stores, and has a restful and healing effect. It focuses on relaxing and surrendering, leaving the body feeling completely renewed and like you just took a mini-vacation. It is a nice alternative to a powerful and physically challenging yoga practice or any strong physical workout as it is focused more on healing, repairing the muscles, and quieting the mind. Often props are used in this type of practice to aid in comfort and enhance your total experience.

Continue Learning about Yoga

Yoga to Inspire Love and Community
Yoga to Inspire Love and Community
Last week I marched. I marched with thousands of others who also felt it was important to raise our voices in peaceful unification. No one expected it...
What is the purpose of lying still at the end of yoga class?
This is Corpse Pose, or Savasana in Sanskrit, and its purpose is to conclude the yoga practice w...
8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood
8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood
Is There a Problem with the Downward Dog Position in Yoga That I Should Watch Out for?