What are benefits of restorative yoga?

Restorative yoga rejuvenates the body, replenishes energy stores, and has a restful and healing effect. It focuses on relaxing and surrendering, leaving the body feeling completely renewed and like you just took a mini-vacation. It is a nice alternative to a powerful and physically challenging yoga practice or any strong physical workout as it is focused more on healing, repairing the muscles, and quieting the mind. Often props are used in this type of practice to aid in comfort and enhance your total experience.

Continue Learning about Yoga

Why There’s Always a Yoga Program Just Right For You
Recently, while standing in the checkout line at my local Whole Foods, I glimpsed the yoga magazines for sale, each one with a cover image that was in...
What is yoga?
Sadie NardiniSadie Nardini
Beyond the Down Dogs and Sun Salutations we're more familiar with, yoga, simply put, is the practice...
Which Yoga Is Right for You?
Which Yoga Is Right for You?Which Yoga Is Right for You?Which Yoga Is Right for You?Which Yoga Is Right for You?
A guide to common styles, including Ashtanga, Bikram, Iyengar and Vinyasa.
Is Yoga or Meditation Better for Me?
Is Yoga or Meditation Better for Me?