What are helpful for us: Western medical approaches or yogic techniques?

Both Western medical approaches and yogic techniques are helpful to most individuals. Yogic techniques include but are not limited to: breathing exercises, meditation, and various forms of yoga. Because medical approaches are typically based on science, it is difficult to discount their validity. Still, traditional medical approaches do not always work alone. Stress is a good example. Some individuals are better than others at managing stress and some individuals prefer alternative forms of stress management. Yogic techniques complement Western medical approaches to provide some individuals with a wide variety of exercise and relaxation techniques that can effectively manage stress.

Continue Learning about Yoga

A Meditation to Find Compassion and Love
We all felt the tug at our hearts when we heard the news of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria. Thousands having to flee their homes and seek shelter s...
What are the benefits of yoga while recovering from cancer?
Yoga classes are available for recovering cancer patients. They can be designed and adapted to a...
Yoga Poses in 12 Easy Steps
Yoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy Steps
Learn the correct moves for doing a simple Sun Salutation.
Is There a Problem with the Downward Dog Position in Yoga That I Should Watch Out for?