What are helpful for us: Western medical approaches or yogic techniques?

Both Western medical approaches and yogic techniques are helpful to most individuals. Yogic techniques include but are not limited to: breathing exercises, meditation, and various forms of yoga. Because medical approaches are typically based on science, it is difficult to discount their validity. Still, traditional medical approaches do not always work alone. Stress is a good example. Some individuals are better than others at managing stress and some individuals prefer alternative forms of stress management. Yogic techniques complement Western medical approaches to provide some individuals with a wide variety of exercise and relaxation techniques that can effectively manage stress.

Continue Learning about Yoga

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: Yoga for Financial Well-Being
I started yoga about the same time I started running. My first class was confusing. I didn’t know the poses, I struggled to keep up and after class th...
Can practicing yoga on a regular basis be beneficial for me?
Yogi Cameron AlborzianYogi Cameron Alborzian
Practicing yoga, whether it's practicing the entirety of the eightfold path (abstentions, self-obser...
Which Yoga Is Right for You?
Which Yoga Is Right for You?Which Yoga Is Right for You?Which Yoga Is Right for You?Which Yoga Is Right for You?
A guide to common styles, including Ashtanga, Bikram, Iyengar and Vinyasa.
Is Yoga or Meditation Better for Me?
Is Yoga or Meditation Better for Me?