Do I have to remove my socks to practice yoga?

It is not mandatory to remove your socks; however, due to the postures requiring firm footing on your yoga mat it is highly suggested. Bare feet enhance the grounding effects of the practice and brings you more in tune with the earth under your feet. It is also helpful because some postures require making a connection with the hands to feet or fingers to toes.

Continue Learning about Yoga

Finding the Right Yoga for You
Finding the Right Yoga for You
Whether your goal is to find a little inner peace, develop one of those highly sought-after "yoga butts" or simply get more flexible, there's a perfec...
Will yoga keep me injury free?
Jaspal R. Singh, MDJaspal R. Singh, MD
It depends on your health. There is no one-size-fits-all program when it comes to exercise and pain....
8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood
8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood
Frequently Hunching Over? Do This Yoga Move