Do I have to remove my socks to practice yoga?

It is not mandatory to remove your socks; however, due to the postures requiring firm footing on your yoga mat it is highly suggested. Bare feet enhance the grounding effects of the practice and brings you more in tune with the earth under your feet. It is also helpful because some postures require making a connection with the hands to feet or fingers to toes.

Continue Learning about Yoga

A Meditation to Find Compassion and Love
We all felt the tug at our hearts when we heard the news of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria. Thousands having to flee their homes and seek shelter s...
What are the benefits of yoga for osteoporosis?
Since yoga is a low-to-no-impact exercise, some of the gentler postures may benefit people with oste...
7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief
7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief
Relax and breathe easier with these calming yoga postures.
Relieve Lower Back Pain With Yoga
Relieve Lower Back Pain With Yoga