Do I have to remove my socks to practice yoga?

It is not mandatory to remove your socks; however, due to the postures requiring firm footing on your yoga mat it is highly suggested. Bare feet enhance the grounding effects of the practice and brings you more in tune with the earth under your feet. It is also helpful because some postures require making a connection with the hands to feet or fingers to toes.

Continue Learning about Yoga

Yoga Poses in 12 Easy Steps
Yoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy Steps
Learn the correct moves for doing a simple Sun Salutation. Want to tone up, feel happier and improve your RealAge? Try yoga. Here's why: First, yoga m...
5 Yoga Myths Debunked
5 Yoga Myths Debunked5 Yoga Myths Debunked5 Yoga Myths Debunked5 Yoga Myths Debunked
Find out the truth about some of the most common yoga misconceptions. If you’ve never tried yoga, chances are you probably have some misconceptions ab...
What Yoga Poses Can Help Me with My Balance?
Can Yoga Help Teens Cope with Anxiety?
Can Yoga Help Teens Cope with Anxiety?