Should I practice Bikram yoga on an empty stomach?

There is a general rule to wait about two hours after a meal to practice any style of yoga, including Bikram Yoga. Practicing on a full stomach can limit the physical movement and potentially cause lethargy and nausea. It is important to focus on a healthy and light meal about two hours prior to class, and always remember to hydrate properly with a sufficient amount of water before and after any yoga class.

Continue Learning about Yoga

How Yoga Can Help Injuries—Especially Low Back Pain
Injuries can have a big impact on our daily routines and our sense of well-being. They can contribute to the stress we may already be feeling by makin...
Am I too old to do yoga?
No, you are not too old to participate in yoga. As with any exercise always have a physical examinat...
5 Yoga Myths Debunked
5 Yoga Myths Debunked5 Yoga Myths Debunked5 Yoga Myths Debunked5 Yoga Myths Debunked
Find out the truth about some of the most common yoga misconceptions.
Try Yoga for Better Health
Try Yoga for Better Health