Should I practice Bikram yoga on an empty stomach?

There is a general rule to wait about two hours after a meal to practice any style of yoga, including Bikram Yoga. Practicing on a full stomach can limit the physical movement and potentially cause lethargy and nausea. It is important to focus on a healthy and light meal about two hours prior to class, and always remember to hydrate properly with a sufficient amount of water before and after any yoga class.

Continue Learning about Yoga

A Meditation to Find Compassion and Love
We all felt the tug at our hearts when we heard the news of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria. Thousands having to flee their homes and seek shelter s...
Can yoga help me lose weight?
Anne SpickerAnne Spicker
When we practice yoga we incorporate pranayama, or breathing exercises. We also turn our focus inwar...
8 Yoga Poses for Strong, Sexy Legs
8 Yoga Poses for Strong, Sexy Legs8 Yoga Poses for Strong, Sexy Legs8 Yoga Poses for Strong, Sexy Legs8 Yoga Poses for Strong, Sexy Legs
Firm flabby thighs and get the toned legs you've always wanted with this simple yoga routine.
What Yoga Poses Can Help Me with My Balance?