Is yoga or meditation better for me?

Some forms of yoga have a heavy emphasis on meditation so it can sometimes be one and the same. The best suggestion would be to try both and see which form works best for you. Both yoga and meditation have been shown to improve mood, relieve stress and increase feelings of well-being. Either way you can’t go wrong.

Both yoga and meditation are effective ways to decrease stress and better your sleep. In this video, Dr. Oz guests Dr. Andrew Weil and Deepak Chopra discuss how yoga and meditation differ.

Continue Learning about Yoga

Taking Yoga to Heart
Taking Yoga to Heart
Although rescue dogs were first trained as paratroopers in 1944, the first military dog to skydive from an altitude of 12,500 feet was Sgt. Maj. Fosco...
How can I prepare for yoga if I want it to help a certain health condition?
If you're thinking of trying yoga to help with a certain health condition, consider these suggestion...
Which Yoga Is Right for You?
Which Yoga Is Right for You?Which Yoga Is Right for You?Which Yoga Is Right for You?Which Yoga Is Right for You?
A guide to common styles, including Ashtanga, Bikram, Iyengar and Vinyasa.
Relieve Lower Back Pain With Yoga
Relieve Lower Back Pain With Yoga