How do I practice yoga shoulder shrugs?

Sit or stand in a comfortable position with your arms hanging by your sides. Next, slowly elevate your shoulders towards your ears.  At the same time it is important to take a deep breath. After you reach the top position, slowly return your shoulders back to the starting position while simultaneously retracting your shoulder blades and exhaling your breath. Your shoulders should make a complete circle during this exercise.  Perform this exercise 2-3 times before rotating your shoulders in the opposite direction for an additional 2-3 times.

Continue Learning about Yoga

Yoga to Inspire Love and Community
Yoga to Inspire Love and Community
Last week I marched. I marched with thousands of others who also felt it was important to raise our voices in peaceful unification. No one expected it...
How should I do yoga breathing exercises?
Yogi Cameron AlborzianYogi Cameron Alborzian
There are many different yoga breathing exercises that we can do when we commit ourselves to the yog...
7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief
7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief
Relax and breathe easier with these calming yoga postures.
Can Yoga Help Teens Cope with Anxiety?
Can Yoga Help Teens Cope with Anxiety?