How do I practice yoga shoulder shrugs?

Sit or stand in a comfortable position with your arms hanging by your sides. Next, slowly elevate your shoulders towards your ears.  At the same time it is important to take a deep breath. After you reach the top position, slowly return your shoulders back to the starting position while simultaneously retracting your shoulder blades and exhaling your breath. Your shoulders should make a complete circle during this exercise.  Perform this exercise 2-3 times before rotating your shoulders in the opposite direction for an additional 2-3 times.

Continue Learning about Yoga

Try Yoga to Lose Weight, Reduce Stress, and Fight Fibromyalgia
If you're not one of the 16 million Americans who have discovered that the corpse pose actually restores life and the sun salutation makes you cheery ...
How many times a week should I practice yoga?
Yogi Cameron AlborzianYogi Cameron Alborzian
Many people in the West associate yoga exclusively with the physical postures. This aspect of the pr...
7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief
7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief
Relax and breathe easier with these calming yoga postures.
Frequently Hunching Over? Do This Yoga Move