How do I perform the reclining half pigeon pose in yoga?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
The reclining half pigeon pose in yoga is a deep hip stretch that begins to prepare the body for final relaxation.

While still lying on your back with your knees bent, cross your right ankle over your left knee, allowing the right foot to extend to the outside of the left leg.

Flex your right toes and grab the back of your left thigh. Gently pull your left knee toward your chest and hold for 5-10 breaths. Release and switch.
The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit: Manage Your Symptoms and Take Control of Your Life

The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit tells readers what they need to know to take control of fibromyalgia symptoms. It includes step-by-step instructions for using effective non-drug treatments,...

Continue Learning about Yoga

Yoga to Change Your Habits
Yoga to Change Your Habits
Have you ever found yourself driving mindlessly home and when you arrive home you can’t recall how you got there? You were so wrapped up in your thoug...
Do I have to remove my socks to practice yoga?
It is not mandatory to remove your socks; however, due to the postures requiring firm footing on...
7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane
7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane
These simple moves help keep you flexible when you travel.
Relieve Lower Back Pain With Yoga
Relieve Lower Back Pain With Yoga