How do I perform the reclining half pigeon pose in yoga?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
The reclining half pigeon pose in yoga is a deep hip stretch that begins to prepare the body for final relaxation.

While still lying on your back with your knees bent, cross your right ankle over your left knee, allowing the right foot to extend to the outside of the left leg.

Flex your right toes and grab the back of your left thigh. Gently pull your left knee toward your chest and hold for 5-10 breaths. Release and switch.
The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit: Manage Your Symptoms and Take Control of Your Life

The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit tells readers what they need to know to take control of fibromyalgia symptoms. It includes step-by-step instructions for using effective non-drug treatments,...

Continue Learning about Yoga

How Yoga Can Help Injuries—Especially Low Back Pain
Injuries can have a big impact on our daily routines and our sense of well-being. They can contribute to the stress we may already be feeling by makin...
How do I practice the two-leg lift, or the full locust pose?
To perform the full locust pose, follow these steps:For this pose you might want to pad the floor be...
21 Easy Yoga Poses
21 Easy Yoga Poses21 Easy Yoga Poses21 Easy Yoga Poses21 Easy Yoga Poses
Try these basic yoga poses for a healthier, calmer you. 
What Yoga Poses Can Help Me with My Balance?