How do I perform the savasana pose in yoga?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
The savasana pose in yoga is the final resting pose. Don't skip this final resting pose.

While lying on your back, extend your arms along your sides and your legs long on the mat. Let your entire body just relax into the mat. Feel the relaxation in your face and jaw. Your hands and feet should just relax naturally toward the mat. Allow your body to relax completely and your mind to be quiet for 5 minutes.
The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit: Manage Your Symptoms and Take Control of Your Life

The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit tells readers what they need to know to take control of fibromyalgia symptoms. It includes step-by-step instructions for using effective non-drug treatments,...

Continue Learning about Yoga

Dr. Oz Sun Salutation Video
Dr. Oz Sun Salutation Video
Now you can do yoga at home with Dr. Oz! Just press Play, and get ready to join Dr. Oz in yoga's classic sun salutation sequence. This easy yoga routi...
Can yoga relieve lower back pain?
Sarah LoBiscoSarah LoBisco
Studies have shown that yoga can help alleviate low back pain. In fact, in 2007 the American Coll...
8 Yoga Poses for Strong, Sexy Legs
8 Yoga Poses for Strong, Sexy Legs8 Yoga Poses for Strong, Sexy Legs8 Yoga Poses for Strong, Sexy Legs8 Yoga Poses for Strong, Sexy Legs
Firm flabby thighs and get the toned legs you've always wanted with this simple yoga routine.
Is There a Problem with the Downward Dog Position in Yoga That I Should Watch Out for?