How do I perform the savasana pose in yoga?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
The savasana pose in yoga is the final resting pose. Don't skip this final resting pose.

While lying on your back, extend your arms along your sides and your legs long on the mat. Let your entire body just relax into the mat. Feel the relaxation in your face and jaw. Your hands and feet should just relax naturally toward the mat. Allow your body to relax completely and your mind to be quiet for 5 minutes.
The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit: Manage Your Symptoms and Take Control of Your Life

The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit tells readers what they need to know to take control of fibromyalgia symptoms. It includes step-by-step instructions for using effective non-drug treatments,...

Continue Learning about Yoga

Yoga for Weight Loss
Yoga for Weight Loss
There are many great reasons to practice yoga. But will it help you lose weight? The answer is: It depends. Here’s the scoop. Yoga burns calories Yog...
Why does my yoga class focus on poses rather than breath and meditation?
Not all forms of yoga, or yoga instructors are the same. Some forms of yoga are very gentle and focu...
Yoga Poses in 12 Easy Steps
Yoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy Steps
Learn the correct moves for doing a simple Sun Salutation.
Frequently Hunching Over? Do This Yoga Move