How do I perform the savasana pose in yoga?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
The savasana pose in yoga is the final resting pose. Don't skip this final resting pose.

While lying on your back, extend your arms along your sides and your legs long on the mat. Let your entire body just relax into the mat. Feel the relaxation in your face and jaw. Your hands and feet should just relax naturally toward the mat. Allow your body to relax completely and your mind to be quiet for 5 minutes.
The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit: Manage Your Symptoms and Take Control of Your Life

The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit tells readers what they need to know to take control of fibromyalgia symptoms. It includes step-by-step instructions for using effective non-drug treatments,...

Continue Learning about Yoga

Taking Yoga to Heart
Taking Yoga to Heart
Although rescue dogs were first trained as paratroopers in 1944, the first military dog to skydive from an altitude of 12,500 feet was Sgt. Maj. Fosco...
How can doing yoga improve my sex life?
Yoga promotes relaxation, and it makes sense that anything that eases stress might also improve desi...
5 Yoga Myths Debunked
5 Yoga Myths Debunked5 Yoga Myths Debunked5 Yoga Myths Debunked5 Yoga Myths Debunked
Find out the truth about some of the most common yoga misconceptions.
Try Yoga for Better Health
Try Yoga for Better Health