How do I perform the locust pose in yoga?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
The locust pose in yoga is a gentle backbend that also stretches out the front of the body.

Start with the downward facing dog, pull forward to plank position, and lower yourself to the floor. Look down toward your mat and interlace your hands at your tailbone.

Press your knuckles toward the back of the mat and lift your chest off the mat. Drop your gaze down to release your neck.

Lift your legs off the mat, pointing back through your toes. Hold for five breaths and release. Repeat twice, and then move to downward facing dog.
The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit: Manage Your Symptoms and Take Control of Your Life

The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit tells readers what they need to know to take control of fibromyalgia symptoms. It includes step-by-step instructions for using effective non-drug treatments,...

Continue Learning about Yoga

Try Yoga to Lose Weight, Reduce Stress, and Fight Fibromyalgia
If you're not one of the 16 million Americans who have discovered that the corpse pose actually restores life and the sun salutation makes you cheery ...
Should I know the names of poses before taking a yoga class?
It is good to familiarize yourself with yoga poses to fully understand what you will be soon underta...
Yoga Poses in 12 Easy Steps
Yoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy Steps
Learn the correct moves for doing a simple Sun Salutation.
What Yoga Poses Can Help Me with My Balance?