How do I perform the eagle pose in yoga?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
The eagle pose in yoga teaches balance and reminds us to center our minds.

Starting from the downward facing dog, step to the front of the mat. Slowly come up to standing and inhale as you reach your arms to the sky. As you exhale, wrap your right arm under your left, bend both knees, and wrap your right leg around your left. Stack your shoulders over your hips, focus your eyes to one point, and hold for five breaths. You may modify this by crossing your arms over your shoulders and setting one toe on the floor. Inhale, reach your arms up to the sky, and then switch to the left side.
The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit: Manage Your Symptoms and Take Control of Your Life

The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit tells readers what they need to know to take control of fibromyalgia symptoms. It includes step-by-step instructions for using effective non-drug treatments,...

Continue Learning about Yoga

How Yoga Can Help Injuries—Especially Low Back Pain
Injuries can have a big impact on our daily routines and our sense of well-being. They can contribute to the stress we may already be feeling by makin...
How can I prevent injuries during yoga?
There are no negative side effects to yoga, but as with any exercise program, it's always possible t...
21 Easy Yoga Poses
21 Easy Yoga Poses21 Easy Yoga Poses21 Easy Yoga Poses21 Easy Yoga Poses
Try these basic yoga poses for a healthier, calmer you. 
Is There a Problem with the Downward Dog Position in Yoga That I Should Watch Out for?