How do I perform the eagle pose in yoga?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
The eagle pose in yoga teaches balance and reminds us to center our minds.

Starting from the downward facing dog, step to the front of the mat. Slowly come up to standing and inhale as you reach your arms to the sky. As you exhale, wrap your right arm under your left, bend both knees, and wrap your right leg around your left. Stack your shoulders over your hips, focus your eyes to one point, and hold for five breaths. You may modify this by crossing your arms over your shoulders and setting one toe on the floor. Inhale, reach your arms up to the sky, and then switch to the left side.
The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit: Manage Your Symptoms and Take Control of Your Life

The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit tells readers what they need to know to take control of fibromyalgia symptoms. It includes step-by-step instructions for using effective non-drug treatments,...

Continue Learning about Yoga

How Yoga Can Improve Your Mood
How Yoga Can Improve Your Mood
In the 1978 movie Animal House, “Toga! Toga! Toga!” was Bluto’s call for their fraternity to throw a party. The goal? To help a younger frat member, F...
How can Kundalini yoga help me if I suffer from sexual dysfunction?
Good In BedGood In Bed
Exercises like yoga have been shown to help those suffering from sexual dysfunction. In fact, th...
7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane
7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane
These simple moves help keep you flexible when you travel.
Can Yoga Help Teens Cope with Anxiety?
Can Yoga Help Teens Cope with Anxiety?