How do I perform the modified crescent lunge pose in yoga?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
The modified crescent lunge pose in yoga integrates all of your muscles, creating stability in the lower body and lengthening the upper body.

Start from the downward facing dog pose. Step your right foot to your right hand and drop your left knee to the mat. Inhale and reach your arms to the sky as you tuck your tailbone under. Hold for five breaths. Then return to push-up position, lower yourself to the floor, inhale to cobra pose, and exhale to downward facing dog. Repeat these same poses on the left side.
The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit: Manage Your Symptoms and Take Control of Your Life

The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit tells readers what they need to know to take control of fibromyalgia symptoms. It includes step-by-step instructions for using effective non-drug treatments,...

Continue Learning about Yoga

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: Yoga for Financial Well-Being
I started yoga about the same time I started running. My first class was confusing. I didn’t know the poses, I struggled to keep up and after class th...
Where can I find a yoga teacher?
If you decide to try yoga, finding a teacher shouldn't be hard. Classes are available through recrea...
5 Yoga Myths Debunked
5 Yoga Myths Debunked5 Yoga Myths Debunked5 Yoga Myths Debunked5 Yoga Myths Debunked
Find out the truth about some of the most common yoga misconceptions.
Which Type of Yoga Is Best for You?
Which Type of Yoga Is Best for You?