How do I perform the modified crescent lunge pose in yoga?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
The modified crescent lunge pose in yoga integrates all of your muscles, creating stability in the lower body and lengthening the upper body.

Start from the downward facing dog pose. Step your right foot to your right hand and drop your left knee to the mat. Inhale and reach your arms to the sky as you tuck your tailbone under. Hold for five breaths. Then return to push-up position, lower yourself to the floor, inhale to cobra pose, and exhale to downward facing dog. Repeat these same poses on the left side.
The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit: Manage Your Symptoms and Take Control of Your Life

The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit tells readers what they need to know to take control of fibromyalgia symptoms. It includes step-by-step instructions for using effective non-drug treatments,...

Continue Learning about Yoga

Yoga to Inspire Love and Community
Yoga to Inspire Love and Community
Last week I marched. I marched with thousands of others who also felt it was important to raise our voices in peaceful unification. No one expected it...
Which yoga exercises are most beneficial?
Yoga encompasses a wide variety of exercises and poses that emphasize a wide variety of physical, em...
8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood
8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood
What Yoga Poses Can Help Me with My Balance?