How do I know what level of yoga is right for me?

There is some variance in terms of level and technique from studio to studio because there are so many different styles of yoga. Finding the appropriate level is best approached on a case by case basis by talking with the studio manager and teachers of the particular studio at which you wish to practice. The most important reason to find the right level is so that you are given enough instruction to help you safely move in and out of poses. In more beginning level classes you will receive lots of instruction about alignment, while in more advanced classes the instructor may provide less detail about the proper position of each pose.

There are many types of yoga classes and techniques of yoga. It is best to start with the beginner or introductory level at a local club or gym and try out the first session or two. If you feel you are too advanced for this level, speak with the instructor for an opinion on which level would be best given your current physical state.

Continue Learning about Yoga

Practicing Yoga to Enjoy a Perfect You
Practicing Yoga to Enjoy a Perfect You
Photo Credit: Leo Prieto, via Flickr Creative Commons Imagine if you started your yoga practice with the idea that you don’t need fixing; that you ar...
How can I stop pain in my wrist during the Downward Facing Dog yoga pose?
Wrist aches or pains are very common with yoga practice beginners simply because they have likel...
21 Easy Yoga Poses
21 Easy Yoga Poses21 Easy Yoga Poses21 Easy Yoga Poses21 Easy Yoga Poses
Try these basic yoga poses for a healthier, calmer you. 
Relieve Lower Back Pain With Yoga
Relieve Lower Back Pain With Yoga