How did laughter yoga start?

Indian physician Madan Kataria developed laughter yoga in 1995 while researching an article on the laughter's health benefits for a medical magazine. It started in a park with his wife and a few others using jokes, silly expressions, poses and sounds.
The creator of laughter yoga is Dr. Madan Kataria, a physician from Mumbai, India. He started teaching laughter yoga in 1995, to only a handful of people. Today, laughter yoga has more than 6000 clubs in approximately 60 countries.      

Continue Learning about Yoga

Try Yoga to Lose Weight, Reduce Stress, and Fight Fibromyalgia
If you're not one of the 16 million Americans who have discovered that the corpse pose actually restores life and the sun salutation makes you cheery ...
What is Raj Yoga?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Literally translated, Raj Yoga -- the fourth path in the Vedic tradition -- means "the royal way to ...
7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane
7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane
These simple moves help keep you flexible when you travel.
Is There a Problem with the Downward Dog Position in Yoga That I Should Watch Out for?