How did laughter yoga start?

The creator of laughter yoga is Dr. Madan Kataria, a physician from Mumbai, India. He started teaching laughter yoga in 1995, to only a handful of people. Today, laughter yoga has more than 6000 clubs in approximately 60 countries.      
Indian physician Madan Kataria developed laughter yoga in 1995 while researching an article on the laughter's health benefits for a medical magazine. It started in a park with his wife and a few others using jokes, silly expressions, poses and sounds.

Continue Learning about Yoga

Overeating Help: A Benefit of Yoga
Overeating Help: A Benefit of Yoga
Wouldn't it be nice if, just once, you were able to say no to those office muffins or that second helping of Friday night pizza? Well, guess what? Yo...
What yoga poses can relieve anxiety?
Kristin M. McGeeKristin M. McGee
I find the deep breathing in all yoga postures helps to quell anxiety. When we are anxious we tend t...
Yoga Poses in 12 Easy Steps
Yoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy Steps
Learn the correct moves for doing a simple Sun Salutation.
Is There a Problem with the Downward Dog Position in Yoga That I Should Watch Out for?