Who was the first person to compile the system of yoga?

The system of yoga was first complied sometime between 5,000 BC and 300 A.D. by an Indian philosopher and practioner named Patanjali. Although the information had been passed down from generation to generation in oral history, Patanjali was the first person to write down and catalog the system of yoga.

Continue Learning about Yoga

Yoga for Weight Loss
Yoga for Weight Loss
There are many great reasons to practice yoga. But will it help you lose weight? The answer is: It depends. Here’s the scoop. Yoga burns calories Yoga...
How can I prepare for yoga if I want it to help a certain health condition?
If you're thinking of trying yoga to help with a certain health condition, consider these suggestion...
8 Yoga Poses for Strong, Sexy Legs
8 Yoga Poses for Strong, Sexy Legs8 Yoga Poses for Strong, Sexy Legs8 Yoga Poses for Strong, Sexy Legs8 Yoga Poses for Strong, Sexy Legs
Firm flabby thighs and get the toned legs you've always wanted with this simple yoga routine.
What Yoga Poses Can Help Me with My Balance?