Who was the first person to compile the system of yoga?

The system of yoga was first complied sometime between 5,000 BC and 300 A.D. by an Indian philosopher and practioner named Patanjali. Although the information had been passed down from generation to generation in oral history, Patanjali was the first person to write down and catalog the system of yoga.

Continue Learning about Yoga

Yoga to Change Your Habits
Yoga to Change Your Habits
Have you ever found yourself driving mindlessly home and when you arrive home you can’t recall how you got there? You were so wrapped up in your thoug...
How can I prepare for yoga if I want it to help a certain health condition?
If you're thinking of trying yoga to help with a certain health condition, consider these suggestion...
5 Yoga Myths Debunked
5 Yoga Myths Debunked5 Yoga Myths Debunked5 Yoga Myths Debunked5 Yoga Myths Debunked
Find out the truth about some of the most common yoga misconceptions.
Frequently Hunching Over? Do This Yoga Move