Who was the first person to compile the system of yoga?

The system of yoga was first complied sometime between 5,000 BC and 300 A.D. by an Indian philosopher and practioner named Patanjali. Although the information had been passed down from generation to generation in oral history, Patanjali was the first person to write down and catalog the system of yoga.

Continue Learning about Yoga

Yoga to Inspire Love and Community
Yoga to Inspire Love and Community
Last week I marched. I marched with thousands of others who also felt it was important to raise our voices in peaceful unification. No one expected it...
Can hot yoga help me detoxify my body?
Hot yoga increases your body's temperature and causes your body to sweat. Sweating is your body’s pr...
Yoga Poses in 12 Easy Steps
Yoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy Steps
Learn the correct moves for doing a simple Sun Salutation.
Which Type of Yoga Is Best for You?
Which Type of Yoga Is Best for You?