Does yoga help treat depression?

Bust a few yoga moves and you'll reduce stress. A little stress is no problem, but regular, negative stress is definitely a big problemo. By raising levels of high-anxiety hormones and slashing levels of feel-good brain chemicals, chronic tension paves the blues boulevard to chronic depression. Just one yoga session raises levels of the depression-fighting brain chemical GABA (that's gamma-aminobutyric acid for you science geeks) by a whopping 27%.

Continue Learning about Yoga

Overeating Help: A Benefit of Yoga
Overeating Help: A Benefit of Yoga
Wouldn't it be nice if, just once, you were able to say no to those office muffins or that second helping of Friday night pizza? Well, guess what? Yo...
How do I practice yoga torso twists?
To perform the torso twist pose, follow these steps:Sit on the floor with your legs straight out in ...
Which Yoga Is Right for You?
Which Yoga Is Right for You?Which Yoga Is Right for You?Which Yoga Is Right for You?Which Yoga Is Right for You?
A guide to common styles, including Ashtanga, Bikram, Iyengar and Vinyasa.
What Yoga Poses Can Help Me with My Balance?