Can yoga relieve PMS symptoms?

Yoga, when practiced regularly, can reduce symptoms of severe premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and menstrual cramps, including anxiety and depression in some women. Some postures can reduce pressure on the uterus, relieving cramps, and yoga's gentle stretching can ease stiffness and tension in the lower back.

Irritability, depression and moodiness can be eased by regular meditation, which is a part of many yoga practices. Some yoga exercises stimulate the glandular and reproductive systems, helping balance body chemistry. And, in fact, a regular exercise program of any sort helps lessen the severity of cramps for many women.

Continue Learning about Yoga

Hot Yoga: Healing or Hazardous?
Hot Yoga: Healing or Hazardous?
Summer might be wrapping up, but where I live, the heat is still in full force. So it's hard to imagine choosing to spend my yoga class in a hot oven ...
Should I know the names of poses before taking a yoga class?
It is good to familiarize yourself with yoga poses to fully understand what you will be soon underta...
Yoga Poses in 12 Easy Steps
Yoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy StepsYoga Poses in 12 Easy Steps
Learn the correct moves for doing a simple Sun Salutation.
Is Yoga or Meditation Better for Me?
Is Yoga or Meditation Better for Me?